– 1 cup brown rice preferably short grain
– 1 3/4 cup water
– 2 sm carrots diced
– 1 x red bell pepper diced
– 1 x cucumber diced
– 1 tsp wasabi powder to tsp dissolved in equal amount of water
– 1 sht nori seaweed
– 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
– fresh rinsed greens
– 1/3 cup rice vinegar
– 2 tbs sugar
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 tsp fresh ginger root grated
– Combine the sauce ingredients, simmer for 5 minutes, set aside.
– Blanch the carrots and peppers until just tender.
– Toss the rice the wasabi paste and the sauce with the vegetables. Serve the salad at room temperature or chilled. Just before serving, toast the sheet of nori by briefly passing it over a flame or baking it for a minute in a 300F oven, until it deepens in color.
– Crumble it.
– Spoon the salad on the greens and sprinkle with the nori and toasted sesame seeds.